Monday, September 28, 2009

Carter's First Movie

Today Carter and I walked to the Grove for the Mommy & Me movie. I had heard that these shows existed two years ago when I had a couple of friends with infants who went regularly, and always looked forward to the day when I would be able to go with my little person. It was a screening of "Fame," which I probably wouldn't have seen if it hadn't afforded me the opportunity to get out of the apartment and venture into public with the baby. There were scads of moms, dads and babies - the lights were kept up throughout the show to facilitate diaper changes and easy soothing of cranky babies - everywhere I looked there was a mom bouncing her baby or pacing while whispering sweet nothings. I had found my people!

It went really well - Carter was in the Ergo carrier the whole time, sleeping soundly. I fed him at the beginning of the movie (how wonderful to be able to whip out a boob and stick it in his mouth without bothering to be covert) and he conked out until the credits rolled. Next week's movie is "Whip It," the Drew Barrymore directorial debut. Can't wait!

No comments: