Friday, October 9, 2009

Park Day

Yesterday I took Carter on his first trip to the park. We live only a few blocks from the Pan Pacific Park, which is absolutely ginormous, with multiple playgrounds, a jogging path, baseball diamonds, basketball hoops, tennis courts, picnic tables and lovely grassy fields. This is the same location where my awesome friend Natalie took my belly photos, so I thought it was fitting to walk over and sit under the same tree with my little boy, now holding him in my arms instead of my belly.



I popped him in his Moby Wrap for the trip and he slept the whole time. After the park, I wandered over to the Grove, browsed Nordstrom's shoe department, puttered through Crate & Barrel and ended up at the ice cream stand in the Farmer's Market, where I got a fantastic scoop of homemade pumpkin ice cream. I walked home enjoying the crisp breeze in the air and feeling particularly autumnal.

I could get used to this.

No comments: