Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My Two Favorite Noggins



The Roo's special treat: watching Sesame Street videos on You Tube. His obsession with the Sesame critters began last fall, when we bought him these beloved books - he learned all the character names and insisted on us reading them to him during every meal (let me tell you, nothing says fun like the 15th reading of "Grover's Opposites" at 7:15pm on a Tuesday night. NOTHING. But hey, it helped him start learning his shapes, his colors, his numbers - the whole bonanza o'toddler smarts).

We never have the TV on at home, but we've Tivo'ed countless episodes of Sesame Street, thinking he would appreciate it someday. So far he loses interest in the show after about five minutes (five minutes of shouting "Elmo! Elmo! Abby! ABBY!!" at the screen), so now he only gets the occasional video. Frankly, I never thought I would let my kid watch TV (even a two-minute video) so young, but he loves it. And who am I to deny him his Abby Cadabby broccoli song?

No comments: